What's My Blog About?

Welcome to my blog. I will be sharing my art and my love of art through photos and thoughts - hope to hear your comments about what you would like to see more of in the future :)

Jan 3, 2012

I've Taken up Wood Carving

Okay... so my wife, Renee  bought me a  beginning Wood Carving book a while back, and I would like to do some projects, if for any other reason, to see if I can. I actually was interested years ago, when my sons were small - I still have a bag of Bass Wood!
So... I found the bag and took out a small block of wood. I immediately realized that Bass Wood is a lot harder than I anticipated - so instead of using a knife, I used my Dremel.
So I wanted to start with something simple - I decided to carve a mushroom.
Here is a series of photos showing my progree - this actually took me half a day!


(click on the image to see it larger)
I had my wife do a final touch and give it a paint job - she says she can't paint - I disagree!

And here is the final carving!

(Click on image to view larger)

Once I get a better handle on my wood and tools - I would like to do more carving I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment